S. 2372 Omnibus Energy Bill's amendment, Transportation Energy Diversity, creates a regulatory framework that will:
Builds on a strong foundation of:
Preempts risks from dependence on foreign oil:
- Preempts the pollution from oil-powered, congested urban traffic that is driving Climate Change.
- Defunds oil-dollar funded terrorism.
- Reduces risks that rising gasoline prices will collapse the economy by 2020:
- US oil production is decreasing at 1 million-barrels/day/year, or about equal to one 1973 Oil Embargo per year. By 2017, US oil production will be down by 2 to 4 million-barrels per day. The Law of Supply and Demand will force gasoline prices much higher.
- Documentaries for understanding Energy Economics and Peak Oil.
- Unemployment is highly correlated to gas prices two years earlier. Life requires energy. Less affordable energy, less life. Gasoline prices are up 35% since Feb 2016.